POC release the brand new Kortal Race Mips and Devour Combo
The Kortal Race Mips, is a brand new all-mountain bike helmet packed full of enhanced safety, innovation and technology. It is also the first-ever helmet to feature the recently unveiled Mips® Integra. The Devour takes a new approach to vision and features POC’s Clarity lens technology. Merged with exceptional eye coverage and protection it has been designed for the needs of modern-day bike riders, off and on road.
Inspired by the Tectal, which introduced POC’s vision for trail helmets, integrating innovative safety technology into a lightweight and well-ventilated helmet, the Kortal Race Mips takes POC’s ideas even further. It sets a new benchmark for mountain bike riders at home with the more aggressive and capable all-mountain bikes.
POC Kortal Helmet
The helmet features a brand new design, a patented break-away peak system to protect a riders neck, aramid bridges for strength, an NFC Medical ID chip that uses digital technology to allow the helmet to speak for you when you can’t and a RECCO® Reflector which allows you to be searchable over large areas, particularly in mountainous environments. The Kortal Race Mips is also the world’s first helmet to use the brand new Mips® Integra system, an almost invisible rotational impact protection system.
The POC Kortal Mips Race helmet featuring the brand new Mips® Integra system.
“Mountain bikes today are more capable than ever, offering everything from XC efficiency going up to DH performance going down. Riders now have a host of new opportunities which we wanted to enhance with a new benchmark in helmet and eyewear protection. With a host of integrated technology, safety solutions, and brand new innovations, the Kortal and Devour represent a significant progression in protection and vision.”
Commenting on the new releases, Oscar Huss, Head of Product, POC.
The POC Kortal features a reduced list of technology, but will also be released alongside the Kortal Race Mips.
To further extend its protection the Kortal Race Mips is a speed pedelec certified helmet, passing the Dutch NTA8776 standard, which tests helmets at higher impact speeds than for standard bicycle use. The helmet peak has several positions to allow for goggle storage underneath while not in use. And naturally, it pairs seamlessly with the new Devour Clarity sunglasses and even has a rear ‘eye garage’ for storage. The Kortal, which will feature a reduced list of technology, will also be released alongside the Kortal Race Mips.
“Developing world-leading protection is the very reason POC exists. This, together with our clear mission opens up a whole new world of innovation and opportunity. The Kortal Race Mips and Devour Clarity have benefited from this approach and feature a host of integrated technology and new ideas that have been recognized with innovation awards. To be presented with these awards is humbling, and it inspires us to keep looking for new solutions and innovations, to always consider things that have never been done before.”
Oscar Huss, Head of Product, POC.
The Devour sunglasses from POC are a thing of beauty.
POC Devour sunglasses
The Devour sunglasses, developed with exceptional coverage give a new sense of freedom and flexibility and are as much at home on the road as the trail. The sunglasses feature fully adjustable temples and nose pieces making it easy to find a secure fit for every head shape and allow the rider to create a more personalized fit.
Surface details will be crystal clear thanks to Clarity lens technology which fine-tunes the color spectrum, and the frame design maximises peripheral vision and allows for significant airflow. Devour Clarity provides complete UV protection (UV400) and features Ri-Pel lens treatment to protect from dirt, oil and water, and an anti-scratch coating.
The POC Devour sunglasses. Crisp, sharp, uncluttered vision.
Kortal Race Mips Product Details
Exceptional coverage, uninterrupted ventilation, a fully adjustable fit, and integrated technology for enhanced safety. The MTB helmet where boundaries no longer apply.
- Patented breakaway peak – will snap off in a crash to enhance neck protection and reduce the chance of injury.
- Mips® Integra – the brand new, almost invisible, rotational impact system from Mips
- NFC Medical ID – Store your vital medical info and emergency contacts within the helmet so first responders can instantly get the information they need.
- RECCO® Reflector – A RECCO® Reflector helps rescue services easily and quickly locate you if something goes wrong.
- E-bike ready – Developed for use with e-bikes, the Kortal helmet meets the Dutch NTA 8776 speed pedelec/e-bike helmet standard.
- Goggle compatible – The helmet gives a seamless fit with the POC Ora goggles, which fit underneath the peak when not in use.
- Eye garage – storage created at the rear of the helmet
- Adjustable 360° Fit – A 360° adjustment system makes it easy to find a secure, comfortable fit.
- Uninterrupted Ventilation – Design ensures goggle strap does not cover any ventilation ports.
- Unibody Shell – The unibody shell enhances the structural integrity of the helmet
- EPS Liner – A lightweight EPS liner gives optimized protection.
- Extended Protection – Extended zones around the temples and back of the head give extra protection in risk areas.
Weight: Kortal Race Mips: S – 390g, M – 390g, L- 470g / Kortal: S – 360g, M – 380g, L- 440g
Devour Clarity Product Details
Crisp, sharp, uncluttered vision is the gateway to performance and an ability to react to dangers. Let your sight guide you, the detail is there if you can see it. Devour it all.
- Clarity lens – Clarity lens technology, developed in partnership with Carl Zeiss, gives optimum control of the color spectrum for unparalleled vision on the road and trails.
- Exceptional field of view – the lens design gives a large field of view, providing riders with lots of visual information and a better ability to react.
- Adjustable temples (length and grip) – The length and grip of the temples can easily be adjusted for a personalized fit on any head shape.
- Adjustable nose piece – A soft, adjustable nose piece in grippy rubber provides a precise and secure fit.
- Ri-Pel treatment – the Ri-Pel hydrophobic and oleophobic treatment protect from dirt, water, sweat, salt, oil and dust.
- Anti-scratch – An anti-scratch treatment reduces the risk of surface damage for clearer vision.
- Interchangeable lens – The lens changing is easy with a simple mechanism making it easier to exchange lenses when light conditions change.
- Complete UV Protection (UV400) – complete protection from harmful UVA and UVB rays.
- Spare lens – comes with an extra lens (clear)
- Soft carrying pouch – The pouch can also be used as a polishing cloth.
Both the Kortal helmets and Devour glasses are available now online and in selected retail stores.
Kortal Race Mips RRP: €250, Kortal €200
Devour – RRP – €250
The Kortal Race Mips and the Devour Clarity, which have recently been awarded Design and Innovation Awards, are available to buy online and instore from today.