Scarpa Kailash Trek GTX, a Boot That Can Handle Lightweight and Heavy Duty Hiking!
Scarpa releases a new boot that will bridge that gap between everyday lightweight walks to more serious and heavy-duty terrain.
Internationally renowned outdoor footwear brand, Scarpa, has just released it’s new Kailash Trek GTX boot, offering a perfect choice for walkers looking for a traditional style boot with modern materials and techniques.
Built on Scarpa’s wide fitting BX Last, the Kailash Trek GTX utilises a rich 1.8mm calf leather, weather protection from a Gore-Tex liner, and a protective toe rand for added durability.
All this sits on top of a Vibram outsole meaning the boot is perfectly at home both locally in our Australian bush, or internationally on your next long-distance trek.
Made in Italy, the Kailash Trek GTX is ideal for day hiking to backpacking, offering to-the-toe lacing to ensure a stable, precise fit. The addition of a low-density polyurethane insole also offers excellent shock absorption, and the Biometric Trek sole keeps you from skidding or slipping.
- Uppers are suede panels with nylon fabric cuffs for lightweight durability.
- GORE-TEX® Performance Comfort membrane for waterproofness and breathability.
- Toe rand protects your feet and your footwear.
- Flex point on upper allows for natural angle variation and reduces pressure points.
- Midsoles are lightweight polyurethane with EVA heel inserts for shock absorption.
- Outsoles Vibram® Biometric Trek with ACTIV Impact technology
- SIZE OPTIONS : Mens: 40 – 47 (half sizes); 48-50 (whole sizes) / Wmns: 36-42 (half sizes)
- WEIGHT REFERENCE: 610g (1/2 pair size 42 Mens)
- UPPER: 1.8mm Suede & Nylon Fabric
- LINING: GORE-TEX® Performance Comfort
- MIDSOLE: Light PU
- OUTSOLE: Vibram® Biometric / XS Trek
- INSOLE: Comfort Flex
- CUFF HEIGHT: Mid
- LAST: TML
- RAND: Partial
- PRIMARY MATERIAL: Leather & Synthetic
- WATERPROOF-BREATHABLE: Yes
Availability / Price
The Scarpa Kailash Trek GTX will be available in store from the 22nd of May and are available in both men’s and women’s versions. The men’s boot comes in a timeless charcoal with blue detailing, and the women’s a lighter smoke grey with turquoise accents; ensuring that the Kailash Trek GTX is both the most durable – and stylish – boot on the market right now.
Price: SCARPA KAILASH TREK GTX, RRP: $399.95
I hope what we do here at Tyres and Soles will inspire people to get out there and experience first hand, the natural wonders that surround them. So, pump up those tyres, don your favourite boots. Grab a mate, a partner, a pet… and head out into nature. But tell us all about it when you get back.
Latest posts by Jason Lorch (see all)
- Michelin Wild Enduro – Tyre Review - September 14, 2019
- Whistler Performance Lubes – Review - August 20, 2019
- Mons Royale Vapour & Phoenix Jerseys – Apparel Review - August 16, 2019