Scarpa Kailash Trek GTX, a Boot That Can Handle Lightweight and Heavy Duty Hiking!
Scarpa releases a new boot that will bridge that gap between everyday lightweight walks to more serious and heavy-duty terrain.
Internationally renowned outdoor footwear brand, Scarpa, has just released it’s new Kailash Trek GTX boot, offering a perfect choice for walkers looking for a traditional style boot with modern materials and techniques.
Built on Scarpa’s wide fitting BX Last, the Kailash Trek GTX utilises a rich 1.8mm calf leather, weather protection from a Gore-Tex liner, and a protective toe rand for added durability.
All this sits on top of a Vibram outsole meaning the boot is perfectly at home both locally in our Australian bush, or internationally on your next long-distance trek.
Made in Italy, the Kailash Trek GTX is ideal for day hiking to backpacking, offering to-the-toe lacing to ensure a stable, precise fit. The addition of a low-density polyurethane insole also offers excellent shock absorption, and the Biometric Trek sole keeps you from skidding or slipping.
- Uppers are suede panels with nylon fabric cuffs for lightweight durability.
- GORE-TEX® Performance Comfort membrane for waterproofness and breathability.
- Toe rand protects your feet and your footwear.
- Flex point on upper allows for natural angle variation and reduces pressure points.
- Midsoles are lightweight polyurethane with EVA heel inserts for shock absorption.
- Outsoles Vibram® Biometric Trek with ACTIV Impact technology
- SIZE OPTIONS : Mens: 40 – 47 (half sizes); 48-50 (whole sizes) / Wmns: 36-42 (half sizes)
- WEIGHT REFERENCE: 610g (1/2 pair size 42 Mens)
- UPPER: 1.8mm Suede & Nylon Fabric
- LINING: GORE-TEX® Performance Comfort
- MIDSOLE: Light PU
- OUTSOLE: Vibram® Biometric / XS Trek
- INSOLE: Comfort Flex
- CUFF HEIGHT: Mid
- LAST: TML
- RAND: Partial
- PRIMARY MATERIAL: Leather & Synthetic
- WATERPROOF-BREATHABLE: Yes
Availability / Price
The Scarpa Kailash Trek GTX will be available in store from the 22nd of May and are available in both men’s and women’s versions. The men’s boot comes in a timeless charcoal with blue detailing, and the women’s a lighter smoke grey with turquoise accents; ensuring that the Kailash Trek GTX is both the most durable – and stylish – boot on the market right now.
Price: SCARPA KAILASH TREK GTX, RRP: $399.95
- White Knuckle MTB – INTERVIEW - March 19, 2020
- FIRST LOOK – Redesigned PNW Rainier Dropper Post with Adjustable Travel - March 3, 2020
- A New EPIC Trail Opens Across The Ditch. - February 27, 2020