The lightweight pack for adventurous women
Hiking pack comfort & functionality can be the difference between an epic adventure and a painful weekend away.
The Osprey Renn 65 is designed specifically for women as a lightweight, durable & comfortable pack, full of features to make the most of every hiking adventure.
Ready to embark on your first or fiftieth hiking trip? Or perhaps you’re trekking through our great Australian landscape? Osprey has raised the bar with their latest backpack series, ensuring every level of hiker experiences the innumerable benefits of carrying an Osprey pack. Introducing Osprey’s brand new Renn pack, that’s more comfortable and easier to navigate than a map!
Above: The Osprey Renn 65, women’s specific lightweight multi-day pack.
Made from durable fabrics, the Osprey Renn is lightweight but tough with 600D polyester main and 1000D nylon packcloth bottom. The included removable rain cover will have your back in those sudden and unexpected downpours. Even with all these features included, the pack weighs a mere 1.5kg, so no need to leave anything off your travel list. What’s more, the dual upper and lower side compression straps will secure your gear, giving the impression you’re carrying nothing at all!
Immediately I noticed how incredibly light the Renn 65 felt to put on. The adjustable harness system was easy to use & supportive without being bulky or cumbersome. All the basic features are well done with extra touches that make the difference; removable sleeping pad straps, rain cover as well as stretchy mesh side pockets & hip belt pockets.
Practicalities aside, Osprey makes good looking packs. Far from the old-school, heavy-duty, dark coloured hiking packs, the Renn 65, like many others from their range, has that playful colour palette that stands out in the Australian bush.
- 4 mm LightWire peripheral frame effectively transfers the load from harness to hip
- 3D-tensioned breathable mesh backpanel with side ventilation
- Soft edgeless padded mesh harness slides over the AirSpeed suspension offering over 4” of adjustability to ensure an excellent fit
- Adjustable sternum strap with rescue whistle
- Soft edgeless padded mesh offers a soft, breathable contact surface and large load support.
On The Trails
The major downfall for many packs is the harness however this is where the Renn 65 really shines proving to be comfortable & supportive over the course of a long hike. The harness was easy to adjust with great weight distribution & padding.
The hip belt pockets would have to be my
Above: The Renn 65 really shines proving to be comfortable & supportive over the course of a long hike. ©Tyres and Soles
Above: Handy zippered hip belt pockets. ©Tyres and Soles
The internal hydration sleeve is very handy, keeping the bladder & hydration tube in a convenient place. The rain cover was easy to access, quick to put on & bright which always make a difference in bad weather.
Although I usually prefer the fully adjustable top lid, the elastic on either side of the fixed top lid held everything in place, and I was amazed at how much gear could fit under there. The pack was a good volume for a 3-4 day hike but due to the lightweight nature would also pass for an overnight trip.
- Women’s-specific sizing & fit
- 4 mm LightWire peripheral frame effectively transfers the load from harness to hipbelt
- Ventilated & comfortable back panel with torso adjustment system
- Fixed top lid with zippered pocket
- Osprey Daylite compatible with front panel cord loop attachment points
- Dual upper & lower side compression straps
- Zippered sleeping bag compartment with floating divider
- Removable sleeping pad straps
- Dual mesh side pockets
- Zippered hip belt pockets
- Removable rain cover
- Internal hydration sleeve
- Load Range: 14-18kg
- One size
- Volume: 65L
- Dimensions: 67H x 37W x 36D cm
- Weight: 1.56kg
- Main: 600D Polyester
- Accent: 450D Polyester
- Bottom: 1000D Nylon Packcloth
Osprey has nailed all the essentials (plus a few added extras) on the Renn 65 while keeping weight to a minimum, making it an awesome addition to any women’s adventure trek.
It boasts an extremely comfortable & adjustable harness & easily accessible storage elements meaning that you can save your energy for the adventure in front of you.
Price / Where to buy
Osprey Renn: RRP $219.95 ($189.95)
For further information about Osprey or to find your nearest stockist, visit www.ospreypacks.com/au/en or check out some of the stores below.
- https://www.osprey.com/us/en/product/renn-65-RENN65.html (only ships to
This combination has led her the to Ultra Trail community and most weekends you can expect to find her out hiking or running, Sydney trails with a handful of friends and a tonne of enthusiasm.