Lightweight, functional headgear for the adventurous
FRACTEL, founded by Matt Niutta is all about bringing performance and style together within the running and adventure community. It’s about bringing like-minded people together and connecting with nature through adventure.
FRACTEL is on a mission to create the world’s best headwear using their own “experience and passion, in a style that promotes adventure and uniqueness, for a community that loves to get outside and run.”
The FRACTEL “SALT” Edition Cap has been designed to cope with the harsh elements of the Australian Summers. Caps need to be tough to survive the climate we get down under but in doing so, can tend to look a little utilitarian in the aesthetics department. Not Fractel.
FRACTEL caps have struck a perfect balance of function without sacrificing style. We believe the Salt cap is an ideal everyday essential for those that understand the importance of high end performance running gear, but still want some fun when it comes to style and colour, when out on the trails.
Above: The FRACTEL SALT is a lightweight, breathable trail running cap designed specifically for trail running conditions.
- Unisex design
- Four panels utilising breathable mesh designed to keep you cool
- Dark under bill to reduce glare
- SWIFTdry™ sweat absorbing internal headband
- Pliable brim for added comfort and ‘packability’
- Adjustable closure provides a comfortable fit
- Reflective details to keep you safe at night
- Embroidered logo at front & rear
- Machine Wash Cold
- Fabric: Body: 100% polyester excluding trims.
- 54cm – 66cm (One size fits most)
- Weight: 59 grams
- Colour Shown: SALT Blue & White
- Designed in Australia, Worn around the World
Out On The Trails
Instantly I loved the lightweight feel to this cap; providing protection from UV without that sweaty, hot-headed feeling of heavier caps. The fabric is light, breathable and easily adjustable, which made for a comfortable fit while running.
One of my favourite aspects is the packability due to the bendable brim. The cap can be easily tucked about into a trail pack, taking up very little space – an important feature for ultra distance running.
Above: The dark underside brim helps reduce the intense Australian glare. Photo:©TyresandSoles
I am normally a bit sceptical of white trail running gear however, it is easily washable and dries quickly meaning you can go all in on the trails without worrying about keeping it clean.
The FRACTEL™ “SALT” Edition Cap nails everything you want from a cap when ultra running: sun protection, lightweight, sits comfortably, easily washable and packable – perfect for getting amongst those trail running adventures!
Above: The FRACTEL SALT cap. A simple, yet highly functional design. Photo: ©TyresandSoles
Where to Buy / Price
- Available from the FRACTEL website.
- Price: $39.94AUD
This combination has led her the to Ultra Trail community and most weekends you can expect to find her out hiking or running, Sydney trails with a handful of friends and a tonne of enthusiasm.
Latest posts by Hannah Porteous (see all)
- Osprey Renn 65 – Pack Review - August 9, 2019
- The North Face No Hands Arm Warmers – Review - June 18, 2019
- Salomon Sense Ride 2 W – Trail Running Shoe Review - June 7, 2019