We’ve been hearing a lot about Haka Tours recently so we thought we’d check them out for ourselves. We A-Lined straight to the MTB section on their website, and boy oh boy, we were gobsmacked by this beauty! Read on to find out more about this dream MTB tour.
The best of the North. The best of the South. They both come together to create the ultimate adventure, the pinnacle of Mountain Biking in New Zealand. Over an epic 16 days, visit world famous mountain biking destinations and ride the rides you’ve only read about, but have been hanging out to try.
Take in the lush forests and purpose built trails of the North Island, and compliment it with the high country and scenic tracks in the South Island. It doesn’t get much better than this. Sample the cream of the crop of NZ Mountain Biking, exploring the full length of New Zealand to experience some of the best rides in the world.
As well as the varied tour, add an extra dose of awesome by including add-on options such as Heli-Biking, MTB Skills Clinics, bungy and skydiving!
All you need to do is focus on the riding, the eating and the drinking – forget about sorting accommodation, and transport, we’ve already sorted that (and more) out.
- All transport to New Zealand’s best MTB locations
- All shuttles on Redwoods, 440 MTB Park, Great Lake Trail and Bridge to Nowhere Trails, and Queenstown Bike Park
- Accommodation ( max 6 share, upgrades available)
- Daily breakfast
- Skyline Gondola Pass
- Cook Straight ferry crossing
- All maps, detailed trail advice and recommendations
- Unparalleled scenery on a mix of downhill and backcountry XC trails
- Expert and friendly Kiwi tour manager
- Small group sizes (max 16)
- Maori cultural dinner night including Hangi
- Classic NZ BBQ in Christchurch
- Amazing 3 course dinner at the luxurious Ohau Ski Lodge
- Tantalizing dinner and beer tasting at the Freehouse, Nelson
- Hot Pools entry to a number of secret NZ thermal springs
- Quality riding lights for the special Haka Night Adventure Rides (if you do not already own some)
- Commentary of every location
- Plus many surprise stops on the way
More MTB love on our blog
- Your NZ MTB Tour packing list.
- MTB tips to take on NZ’s DH tracks.
- Everything you need to know about MTB in Rotorua.
- Find out about MTB heaven in Wanaka.
Customise your trip by adding optional activities and upgrades as you build your tour online.
- Upgrade your accommodation to a private room – $1,099
- Heli-Biking in Queenstown
- MTB skills clinics in Rotorua, Wellington or Nelson
- Bungy jump in Taupo or Queenstown
- Paragliding in Queenstown
- Ride the world’s most extreme flying fox – Ohakune
- Book accommodation before or after your tour
Nothing is compulsory, just pick the things that suit best!
Get started at 440 MTB Park, and experience a Maori cultural night and ‘Hangi’
A full day at NZ’s Mountain biking mecca – The famous Redwoods Forest.
It isn’t called Craters of the Moon for nothing – an out of this world MTB Park.
Welcome to Taupo, home of the great North Island one day rides.
Featuring jaw dropping scenery, this is the ‘Bridge to Nowhere’ Track.
Explore the Old Coach Road before a dedicated driving day, as we chill out and cruise down to Wellington.
Ferry crossing across Cook Straight with a serving of Nelson’s best.
Nelson’s putting it all on for us: singletrack, stunning XC, superb downhills.
Rest those tired legs with a dose of whale watching and seals on the way to Christchurch.
Experience Christchurch’s greatest, then be awed by postcard perfect Tekapo.
Challenging single track and stunning scenery make this one a locals’ favorite.
NZ single-track at its best! Get pumped for Haka Tours’ famous Wanaka night ride!
Ever heard of Rude Rock, time for some South Island’s best downhills!
This is it, the undisputed adventure capital of the world (and MTB heaven) – Queenstown.
We take a day trip and ride the best-kept secrets of Central Otago, MTB perfection on impressive local trails.
I hope what we do here at Tyres and Soles will inspire people to get out there and experience first hand, the natural wonders that surround them. So, pump up those tyres, don your favourite boots. Grab a mate, a partner, a pet… and head out into nature. But tell us all about it when you get back.